Fundação Getulio Vargas’ mission is to advance the frontiers of knowledge in the social sciences and related areas, producing and conveying ideas, data and information, as well as conserving and systematizing them, in order to contribute to Brazil’s socioeconomic development, the country’s ethical standards, responsible and shared governance, and the country’s presence on the international stage.
The School of Public Policy and Government (FGV EPPG) will join FGV’s select group of schools, which now consists of five schools in Rio de Janeiro and four in Sao Paulo. FGV EPPG is based on the combined experience and excellence in education, research and extension studies of FGV’s Brazilian School of Public and Business Administration (FGV EBAPE), Sao Paulo School of Economics (FGV EESP) and Sao Paulo School of Business Administration (FGV EAESP). These three schools will offer their experience and staff to implement FGV’s new unit in the country’s capital.
The establishment of FGV EPPG in Brasilia is aimed at deepening and expanding FGV’s original mission to turn out highly qualified professionals to perform administration roles in their different areas, and to supply information, knowledge and new ideas, based on its academic and applied research, to help the government enhance its decisions and improve the efficiency, efficacy and effectiveness of its actions.
FGV’s overriding mission is to contribute to Brazil’s national development. FGV EPPG will accomplish this mission by recruiting talents, giving them a deep education and making them able to think about the country’s future.
Fundação Getulio Vargas’ School of Public Policy and Government (FGV EPPG) seeks to serve FGV’s mission by following a policy guided by the following principles:
- The continuous pursuit of academic excellence, permanent engagement with learning and high-level research, and the creation and dissemination of new knowledge in its area of activity;
- Encouragement, within a spirit of unity and professional ethics, of a diversity of ideas and positions among its faculty and students;
- Emphasis on interaction with public, private and nonprofit organizations, to stay abreast of the country’s concerns and prevailing administrative practices;
- Productive partnerships with academic institutions that are recognized as having a high level of excellence, in Brazil and abroad;
- Responsibility toward the nation’s future, through its role in education, research and extension activities in the area of public policy and government.